martes, 26 de febrero de 2008

What would Julie Andrews have done?

   Since the moment I decided to attend the casting I was totally sure that I was not going to sing, I mean even though it was a MUSICAL the casting I was attending to, I was totally sure that nothing in this world will make me sing, I'm not a good at singing, believe me. Actually I was attending but not for trying to get one of the main roles because of my schedule will not let me, I'm not able to rehearse 2 hours a day with them, by this moment, I'm already attending to school from  3:00 to 9:00 PM from Monday to Friday and they rehearse from 5:30 to 7:30 PM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Unfortunately I can't make it and no way I'm going to skip classes, in fact spring break is coming, so I'll have the chance to get up-to-date with every detail of the development of the play.

   It's a shame that I don't have time to be in the beginning of this production, it's exciting for me to start a new project, the very first reading of the script, working on your character to take the idea of another person, both literally (the initial conception of the writer) and figuratively (the ACTOR'S own notion of a character), to give meaning to each dialogue, make it your own and get in touch with your role, etc.

   I enjoy ever time I get into a new project, and I decided to stay in this even though I know I don't have the enough time to see it how it starts and takes the form that is going to be presented to the audience, I'll do everything just to be there and stayed involved on it, because I totally like everything about theatre.

  The Director was very supportive with me, he gave me the chance of attend to the rehearsals when possible for me, and I told him that at summer vacation I'll be there full time.

No hay comentarios: